You already have a vault
- All new Axcient Replibit partners have a vault and a Global Management Portal provisioned within the Axcient Cloud.
- Existing partners who purchased Replibit directly from eFolder also have a vault and a Global Management Portal provisioned within the Axcient Cloud.
Credentials and access instructions were sent to the administrative email address on file when your partner account was created. If you do not have these credentials, please contact Support.
Note: Legacy Replibit partners (those who purchased Replibit before the merger with eFolder) who wish to use the Axcient Cloud for their vault storage may request a vault by contacting Axcient Replibit Support.
Why would I need an additional vault?
Occasionally, as you grow your MSP business, it may become necessary to provision additional vault servers for you in the Axcient Cloud. Our Support teams will monitor your cloud vault storage usage, automatically request additional Vault servers on your behalf, and advise you when the additional vaults have been deployed.
So what happens next?
Before using your new vault for replication, you must first complete the initial setup and configuration of the device within the Axcient Cloud.
Configuring your Vault
1. In a browser window, enter the web URL to your vault which was provided by Support.
Note: The URL listed in the image below is provided only as an example.
Note: When accessing the vault URL, you may see a message from your browser that a self-signed certificate does not match the full hostname. This message is normal and should be ignored. If you see a message indicating the connection is not safe, ignore it and click Continue to this website.
2. If you see a warning message about your machine not having hardware-assisted virtualization, click the Proceed button to continue. This message can safely be ignored.
3. After reading the agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement; then, click I Agree.
4. Select First machine in Cluster and then click Next.
5. Enter a password for the Admin (Web GUI) user account.
- The Linux shell root and replibit users have been disabled on vaults hosted within the Axcient Cloud.
The Admin (Web GUI) password should be at least 8 characters long.
Note: Self-hosted vaults (and all appliances) will require three passwords at this step: root, replibit, and admin:
6. Select Vault; then click Next.
7. Type the Reseller Username and Reseller Password in their respective fields.
Note: These are the Replibit Licensing Portal credentials you received from Support when your partner account was created.
8. Click Next to proceed.
9. Select your Time Zone from the drop-down menu; then, click Setup.
Do not change the IP address assigned to the system.
10. To complete the setup configuration, the system will reboot. Please allow ample time (about three minutes) and wait until this process completes.
11. Type the Username and Password in their respective fields.
- The username is admin
- The password is the value you entered for the Admin (Web GUI) password above in step 5.
12. Click Login.
13. After login, the Storage Management screen is displayed.
Click to expand Storage Pool within the center pane.
14. Select RAID Level 0 and LZ4 (lower compression, higher performance) mode.
15. Expand Unused Disks and check to select the available Disk(s).
16. Click Create Storage.
17. When the confirmation message appears, click Yes to continue.
Note: Axcient is using SAN storage in the data center and the storage disk redundancy is provided on the SAN.
When you have completed the initial configuration of the Vault in the Axcient Cloud, please review the Using the Replibit Vault article for further details on using and managing your vaults.