Protected Systems that have been replicated to a Vault may be recovered back on to an Appliance in the event that the recovery data on the Appliance is lost. This allows you to retain the backup history for the Protected System present on the Vault in the event an Appliance is lost and needs to be replaced.
This article describes how to recover from a Vault directly over the network. To recover a Protected System using a USB hard drive, please reference the Recovering a Protected System from a USB Hard Drive article.
Note: If you intend to perform a Recovery of a Protected System from a Vault to an Appliance, before deploying the new Appliance at the customer site, disable the Replibit Agent service on all Protected Systems until the recovery is complete in order to prevent the creation of a new backup on the new Appliance.
To recover the Protected System from a Vault directly over the network:
- In the Appliance menu pane, click Protected Systems.
You will see a list of the systems currently being backed up and protected by the Appliance.
- Click the Recover button. A Recover Protected System dialog box displays.
- In the Recover Protected System dialog enter the IP address of the Vault and click Test Connection to ensure the IP address is recognized.
- Select the desired Customer Location from the dropdown menu.
- Select the desired Protected System from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Recover button to complete the process.
You can monitor the recovery progress from the System tab on the Jobs menu.