Filter Unwanted Replibit Alerting Events Sent to PSA
Appliance and Vault devices utilize an Exchange server email account to deliver Alert messages to a third party ticketing system (Like Autotask or ConnectWise.) Certain Alerts (Like Agent Disconnect/Connect messages) are creating unwanted tickets in your PSA.
Utilize Exchange Transport Rules to filter unwanted messages before they are delivered to your ticketing service.
- Log in to your Exchange 2007 or newer server and run Exchange Management Console. (Exchange 2013 open a web browser and connect to the Exchange EMC)
- Expand Organization Configuration and select Hub Transport
- Select the Transport Rules tab
- Create a new rule
- Give the rule a name and enter a description in the comments field, then click next
- Select From People and choose your Replibit email account
- Select When the Subject Field Contains Specific Words and enter the desired phrases
(For example, for agent connect/disconnect events enter 2 lines 'Connection:' and 'connection restored')
- Click Next to move on to the Actions list
- Choose Delete the Message Without Notifying Anyone and click Next
- Click Next again and then Finished to complete the rule
- Create as many filters as you like to eliminate any other undesired notifications from creating tickets