Replibit does not support virtual installations of appliances and vaults in production. Use at your own risk.
However is is 'ok' to run run Replibit Global Management Portal GMP configuration in a VM as long as it has 250GB hard drive and one 2GB hard drive thin provisioned - In addition the following VMware settings need to be configured:
Please review the links below to learn how to edit the virtual machine setting to support Replibit.
Editing VMware settings to support Replibit:
1. Gracefully shutdown Replibit
2. With the VM off, download the .vmx file and open in WordPad
3. Copy and paste the 4 entries below into the vmx file and save it
vcpu.hotadd = "FALSE"
featMask.vm.hv.capable = "Min:1"
vhv.enable = "TRUE"
disk.EnableUUID = "true"
4. Upload the modified vmx file to its original location
5. Re-register the vmx (remove machine from inventory and add it back to inventory)
6. Start the VM