Change remote system to encrypted backups
Encrypting backups is accomplished during remote agent install and can't be enabled on-the-fly on the back-end of the appliance.
Therefore when changing-to encrypted backups the agent and all it's data will need to be removed on the remote system and the protected system needs to be removed then re-added in the appliance - Thus you will loose all previous backup data.
1. Make note and/or save-out of any custom changes to the 'aristos.cfg' file on the remote system. For example volume exclusions and/or worker threads.
NOTE: Do not save-out the 'aristos.cfg' file with the intention of copying the file back after re-installing the agent - This will NOT work, simply save-out for reference only.
2. Un-install the replibit agent on the remote system
3. Delete the entire Replibit install directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Replibit
4. Remove the protected system from the Appliance by clicking the (RED X) under Actions
NOTE: The deletion process can take time to complete while the ZFS file system scrubs data... Do not proceed until the protected system is gone.
5. Re-install the Replibit agent on the remote system, this time enter encryption information.
NOTE: If you need to re-add custom changes to the 'aristos.cfg' do the following from an elevated CMD window on the remote system:
CD (Change Directory) to the Replibit install directory
net stop replibit
Make custom changes to 'aristos.cfg' then save-exit Notepad
net start replibit
6. Once the protected system shows up in the appliance you can take the first encrypted backu