Replibit Agent Best Practices
Please execute these practices on all agent machines prior to their initial backup with Replibit.
1) <10% Fragmentation for each volume. Recommend Defraggler or UltraDefrag, not Windows built-in due to the fact that they defragment on the block level not file level.
2) Command Prompt: sfc /scannow Fix any issues you find.
3) Allocate 10% of HDD capacity to VSS (Shadow Copies) functions for each volume.
4) Command Prompt: “vssadmin list providers” and “vssadmin list writers”. For Providers - Only Microsoft providers are permitted on this list. Please remove any other non-Microsoft VSS Providers you find. For Writers – Ensure each writer listed reads “No Errors”.
5) Ensure .NET Framework 3.5 or 3.5.1 is installed. NOTE: .NET Framework is not backwards compatible.